Ethiopia on Two Wheels
Ethiopia on Two Wheels: Dynasty Mountain Biking Tours
Ethiopia is a fascinating country to explore on two wheels. With an abundance of quiet and often remote rural roads and trails set amidst stunning mountain scenery, cycling tours present a great opportunity to explore historical sights, get close to local people and enjoy the freedom of two-wheeled transport all in one go. From green rolling hills to dramatic mountain peaks Ethiopia possesses a variety of landscapes: savannah, desert, highlands and forests to name but a few.
How are Dynasty Ethiopia Mountain Biking Tours different from others?
- Our clients can rent high-quality Ridley mountain bikes
- We customize our tours according to level of rider (novice/beginner/intermediate/advanced)
- Our tours are led by professional cycling guides with mechanical skills
- Our guides and vehicles are fully equipped with bike tools and accessories
- We combine rides with visits to historical sites and beautiful places
- We take care of you in a responsible way
- Most of our tours are to the northern highlands of Ethiopia, known as the Historic Route. Based on client request we can also organize tours to other interesting places. Our tours are normally supported by vehicles and offer accommodation ranging from camping to the best hotels and lodges. Our rental mountain bikes are strong European-standard MTBs ideal for roads and tracks in Ethiopia.
Individuals are welcome to sign up with us whether travelling as part of a small group or on their own. We can also design a tailored programme as required. If you come as a group, the per unit price goes down. Typically we cover between 30 to 95 kilometres per day, cycling on a range of roads and tracks. Biking routes have been carefully designed; safety is always our top priority.
The best cycling seasons are from the mid-September to February coinciding with the harvest season so that you can see peasants at work in their local setting. You will have the chance to interact with these communities at the time of religious and cultural festivals and other ceremonies including traditional weddings. March, April and May can also be good months for our cycling tours, as it is dry and sunny but not too warm. It’s also possible in June and July, but by August the trails become muddy as the rains set in.